TERMS OF REFERENCE
Job title: Peace and social cohesion Project Coordinator
Number of Jobs: 1
Duty stations : Mosul with frequency traveling to Erbil
Project ref: Responding to implement social cohesion and peace building activities that implement by LPCs in Nineveh Governorate, Iraq
Period of implementation: 16 Months
Deadline: from 30th august 2019 to 5th September 2019
- Programs: He/she ensures proper assessment, implementation and monitoring of peace and social cohesion program(s) falling under his/her responsibility, while observing International and MI standards.
- Capacity-building: He/She supervises the LPCs (Local Peace committees in Nineveh) falling under his/her responsibility. He/She is in charge of arranging the training and appropriate support for staff.
- Reporting: He/she will responsible to submitting weekly and monthly reports to the supervisor and MI in time.
- Logistics and Administration: He/She ensures compliance of activities falling under his/her responsibility with logistical and administrative procedures.
- Staff welfare: He / She ensures the implementation of the staff welfare program that is led by the LPCs in Nineveh
- Human Resources: He / She supports the LPC teams, provides support to Program manager for recruiting technical staff and facilitates technical training activities on the basis of identified needs with collaboration of MI
- Representation: He / She represent the association with partners, authorities and local actors involved in the implementation of LPC programs and coordination clusters.
- Safety: He / She contributes to efforts aimed at ensuring compliance with safety rules at the site, and transmits all information relating to safety concerns to his/her immediate supervisor
- Strategy:He / She contributes to the development of new interventions on the basis of identified needs, by carrying out assessments, and inputting into concept notes and proposals
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
Education / Training
- Proven project management experience
- Proven experiences in peace and social cohesion
- Advanced university degree in social cohesion and peace building
- Experience in LPCs training,
- training in capacity building
- At least two years of professional experience in the support of vulnerable people or in the humanitarian field, preferably in the field of MHPSS.
- Experience with an NGO
- Experience in Project Management
Knowledge and Skills
- Willing to visit the team in the field in unstable environments
- Able to maintain confidentiality at all times, especially regarding staff welfare programming
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to exercise sound judgement and make decisions independently
- Knowledge of social cohesion situation
- Microsoft Office skills: PowerPoint, Excel, and word.
- Knowledge of local areas and community structures
- Experience in the design of LPCS intervention
- For Operational reasons must have the ability/authorisation to freely travel between Erbil and Neinawa (70 % of His/her time).
Required Personal Characteristics (fitting into team, suitability for the job and assignment/mission)
- Experience in a similar position, or related experience
- A good level of self-awareness and ability to identify stressors and provide self-care
- Prioritisation of staff wellbeing
- A good level of reactivity, anticipation, and organisation
- An interactive and proactive approach, with good leadership and mentoring skills
- A decision-maker and team player
- Solid technical skills in supervision, training and evaluation
- Sense of diplomacy and openness of spirit
- Analytical skills
- Organization and manage priorities
Status of Job:
Employed with temporary-Term Contract.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should submit their CVs with the cover letter to (عنوان البريد الإلكتروني هذا محمي من روبوتات السبام. يجب عليك تفعيل الجافاسكربت لرؤيته.).