TERMS OF REFERENCE
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Project Accountant must have experience working in the construction and cost accounting fields, and with lien waivers, contracts, accounts payable, accounts receivable and Owner billing. This position includes but is not limited to processing monthly requisitions to the Owner, maintaining timely and accurate cost information in Prolog and Timberline in compliance with PFOs policies.
POSITION STATUS: Full-time
DIRECT REPORT: Financial Officer
WORK HOURS: 9am-4pm,
Period of implementation: 16 Months
Deadline: from 30th August 2019 to 5th September 2019
Number of Jobs: 1
Duty stations: Erbil
- Establish, organize, and maintain current project files per department filing system for all projects you are assigned.
- Obtain copy of Owner’s contract for each project and familiarize him/her with financial aspects of the contract.
- Input appropriate budget information into Timberline and Prolog using the cost code structure and phases in accordance with the budget set-up sheet provided by Estimator or Project Manager.
- Review and verify the commitments, subcontractor change orders and general conditions cost between Timberline and Prolog to insure bridge software accuracy.
- Verify the accuracy of the previously billed and paid figures on the Subcontractor’s Application for Payment.
- Submit invoices to Project Manager on the project specific date for approval.
- Follow up with Project Manager to ensure information is returned in a timely manner.
- Upon approval, scan invoices and enter into Timberline and generate Owner billing based on cost incurred for Project Manager’s review and approval.
- Each Owner invoice is prepared in accordance with Owner contract requirements.
- Enter necessary direct cost entries and misc worksheet entries in Timberline as incurred by the project.
- Work with each Project Manager as needed to ensure timely Owner billings and payments.
- Obtain Project Manager’s approval for subcontractor payments once the Owner payment is made.
- Ensure timely payment to subcontractors and vendors after approval is received and all paperwork has been submitted.
- Obtain renewal insurance certificates from subcontractors prior to each payment when expired..
- Follow all corporate policies and report any inconsistencies.
- Perform departmental responsibilities such as bank reconciliations, processing of company invoices for project cost.
- Maintain any project specific programs as required.
- Provide any supplemental reports/documentation as may be required by Owner.
- Verify all figures on the Project Status Report and complete Project Accounting section on a monthly basis.
- Full working knowledge of budget , contingency.
- Additional responsibilities may be added by the department or project as necessary.
- Able to adapt to a flexible, fast-paced and dynamic work environment consistent with PFO’s core values and mission statement
- Understanding of basic accounting principals.
- Strong interpersonal and time management skills.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Detail-oriented and ability to multi-task.
- Expert computer skills, specifically in Timberline and Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, etc).
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- BS degree in Accounting or related business degree preferred.
- Minimum of a two-year professional or technical degree is required with a minimum of two or more years of cost accounting or construction accounting experience.
- Aware of the unified Iraqi accounting system.
- Capable of working on QuickBooks arithmetic
- While most of PFO’s projects are local to the main office, infrequent, travel may be required on a project to project basis.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should submit their CVs with the cover letter to (عنوان البريد الإلكتروني هذا محمي من روبوتات السبام. يجب عليك تفعيل الجافاسكربت لرؤيته.).
عنوان البريد الإلكتروني هذا محمي من روبوتات السبام. يجب عليك تفعيل الجافاسكربت لرؤيته. عنوان البريد الإلكتروني هذا محمي من روبوتات السبام. يجب عليك تفعيل الجافاسكربت لرؤيته.