TERMS OF REFERENCE
- POSITION INFORMATION
Project Title Establishing a National Coalition for Youth, Peace and Security in Iraq
Duration of contract 5 August until 30 December 2020
Working nature Full-time
Work hours 09:00-16:00 (12:00-13:00 lunchtime)
Duty Station Erbil, Kurdistan Region of Iraq
- BACKGROUND INFORMATION/OBJECTIVES
Under the overall supervision of Peace And Freedom Organization and in close cooperation with the Folke Bernadotte Academy (FBA) and the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA), the Project Manager is responsible for the day-to-day management and implementation of the workshops and other activities leading to the creation of the National Coalition on Youth, Peace and Security (YPS Coalition), including the management and creation of social media channels for that purpose and the creation of content.
Under the guidance of the Project Management Team (PMT):
- Coordinate YPS project activities and take timely actions on the decisions made by the PMT;
- Provide administrative support to the PMT;
- Support the project management team with the launch of the Coalition;
- Create and manage a Facebook page for the YPS Coalition;
- Create content and graphic identity for the Facebook page;
- Conduct interactive campaigns on social media to introduce young people to the YPS Coalition;
- Manage day-to-day project implementation and overall coordination of project outcomes;
- Ensure effective communication and coordination between the involved parties;
- Ensure timely preparation of the workshops and meetings.
- Consolidate and document input and outcome of the workshops;
- Foster relations with local media;
- Ensure media coverage for the activities/workshops;
- Support the launch of the YPS Coalition;
- Perform other duties that may be required by the PMT.
- RECRUITMENT QUALIFICATIONS/COMPETENCIES
Education University degree in international development, social sciences, public administration, business administration, or other relevant fields, or equivalent experience.
Experience ● 4 years of project management experience; including 2 years of experience in youth and peace-building projects, Experience in Communications is an asset;
- Proven ability to draft, edit and produce written media pieces;
- Proven ability to manage and draft social media content;
- Effective interpersonal, management and organisational skills proven through successful interaction with stakeholders, including senior government officials, regional/local authorities, experts and NGOs/communities
- Demonstrated ability in team management and collaboration
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.)
Language requirements Fluency in Arabic. Good working knowledge of spoken and written English. Knowledge of Kurdish is desirable.
Should the above requirements fit your profile, kindly submit your CV and a one-page letter of motivation before the deadline of 28th July 2020 1.00 PM Iraq time on عنوان البريد الإلكتروني هذا محمي من روبوتات السبام. يجب عليك تفعيل الجافاسكربت لرؤيته.
Important notice: Should you be shortlisted for the position, you will be given a one-hour written assignment on Tuesday 28 July at 5 pm (Iraq time). Should you pass the written assignment, you will be asked to sit for a 40-minute interview on Wednesday 29 July starting at 11 am.